Updated Recycling Information for Commercial Customers
Printable Recycling List - Updated (471k)
Expanded Paper Recycling
- Cardboard (empty)
- Catalogs, magazines & phone books
- Cereal & cracker boxes (empty)
- Computer & office paper
- Envelopes & junk mail
- Holiday gift wrapping paper (no foils)
- Paper egg cartons
- Paper grocery bags
- Paper milk and juice cartons or boxes (Carton recycling FAQ or Click here for the Carton Council website)
- Pizza boxes (no food or grease)
Expanded Plastic Recycling
- All plastic bottles (no motor oils or gasoline)
- Plastic containers/cups #1-7, including #1 deli
- Plastic bags (grocery, newspaper, dry cleaning, etc. - no black or brown bags) - place clean, dry bags into a clear or transparent bag and tie shut; a full bag should be smaller than a basketball
Recyclable Metal & Glass
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Aluminum cans & aluminum pie plates
- Glass bottles & jars (clear, blue, brown or green translucent glass)
- Metal pots & pans
- Small metal appliances (toasters, blenders, etc.) - nothing larger than a basketball
- Small metal plumbing fixtures & pipes (faucets, valves, pipes 2"-12" long)
- Tin & steel cans
- Brake rotors/drums
- Deli containers - except #1 plastic
- Frozen food or microwave dinner plates
- Glassware & ceramics
- Metal items heavier than 10 pounds
- Mirrors and windows
- Motor oil & gasoline containers
- Plastic film, wrap & Styrofoam
- Misc.: Carpet, clothing, diapers, fishing line, food, hoses, ropes & shoes
- Inside the building: Always place recycling and trash receptacles together so it is convenient to recycle. Apply easy to understand labels on all trash and recycling receptacles as this will increase recycling.
- Confirm the person(s) taking out the building's waste are placing the recyclable items in the proper dumpster.
- Should you choose to bag recyclables you place into the dumpster, please use clear or transparent bags and leave open - do not tie or seal. If you use Kraft/paper bags, do not staple or tape shut.
- All items should be loose and empty. Do not place smaller items inside of larger containers.
- Your recycling dumpster will not be picked up if it contains trash, yard waste or prohibited items.
- If you are unsure if something is recyclable, please call our Customer Service Team at (608) 257-4285.