Back to Open Positions
Scale House Operator Part Time Position
Join our team at Pellitteri Waste Systems, Inc. (PWS, Inc.) and enjoy working for a family owned business that puts integrity, passion and pride into all of our client relationships. PWS, Inc. provides commercial and residential waste recovery systems, as well as on-site confidential document destruction. Our mission is to continue the Pellitteri family business's tradition of service by promptly responding to customer needs, offering individualized solutions, effectively communicating and following through. Our commitment to safety, professionalism, and personal growth fosters an environment which benefits our team, clients and community.
We offer flexible Monday to Friday day schedule and competitive weekly pay!
- The primary purpose of the Scale House Operator is to effectively, safely and accurately weigh trucks on the scales both entering and leaving the facility
- Organize and coordinate outgoing material with vendors
- Prepare Bill of Ladings
- Control traffic patterns on property
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined by PWS, Inc. and OSHA safety procedures
- Able to function with minimal supervision
- Requires ability to multi-task and fill in where required
- Customer service experience helpful; positive attitude essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- History of safe work practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Knowledge of or ability to learn types of non-hazardous solid waste and recycling material allowed to be dumped at the station.
We understand that changing careers and finding a new job or employment can be stressful. We do our best to make sure that every candidate applying for a position at our company has all the information they need to make the right decision for them and their family.